Thursday, January 31, 2013

TWO CENT REVIEW: The Cost of Secrets by Cassandra Gold


Title: The Cost of Secrets

Author: Cassandra Gold

Grade:  B

Review: I really liked this book.  

Isaac and Dan are both flawed and only a little broken by the things they've overcome. Mostly they are survivors bumbling along trying to do the best they can. Neither of them were physically perfect either which I always appreciate, but I think the characters would disagree with me when describing one another.

My quibbles are minor...It's a bit too short for the major issues involved.  The story would have benefited from having a little more time for the romance to marinate.  I wonder if that's why the ending felt a little abrupt.  I think an epilogue would have helped me feel more confident that the ending was really a HEA. As written, I'm only 75% sure that's the case.

 Isaac's story is one that's been seen quite a bit and it getting to be almost cliche in the genre. But Dan's is one I hadn't seen before and would really have liked to have heard more about it.  I wonder if the book would have been even stronger if it had been written solely from Dan's POV instead of the head hopping, which was very well done by the way.

Overall, a good read. Well worth my time and money.

Angel eye candy... Something about this photo just seemed so wrong, which made it pretty close to perfect.

(Source: 24-Media)



No comments:

Post a Comment